Part of my morning ritual is to say affirmations out loud. Affirmations are used for many things, but are a way in which to affirm the positives in your life. They can be inspirational words or phrases from famous people or statements that you cultivate yourself about your own Self and life.
Often, negative self-talk can be reframed and become an affirmation of Self. For example, if you are up for a promotion at work and your mind starts telling you “I am not good enough to get the promotion. I don’t have all the skills required for the position.”, you can turn those very words around and make them into an affirmation instead:
“I am the perfect choice for the promotion. I have enough skills to get the job done and with every job change there are new skills to learn. I will embrace learning the skills I need to be successful in my new position and get the job done.”
Turn that frown upside down by affirming the positive! You wouldn’t be considered for the promotion if the skills you lack were an issue. Stop allowing yourself to tell your Self that you are not good enough!!! And in 2017, I challenge you to do just that:
Each week in your ARTiculated Journal, create an ARTiculated Affirmation:
- Open to a blank page and create your background.
- Create a focal point somewhere in/near the center of the page. This should be art — drawing, painting, or collage. However you get it in there, it should be art.
- Now, write an affirmative statement that relates to the art you created.
You can also choose to create a deck of cards. Either way, at the end of the year you will have 52 ARTiculated Affirmations. And there is also the journal hack of creating a section of 52 pages, using one page each week to create your affirmation. This keeps them together in one section of your journal for easy reference. And yes — you will need to refer to them. Often…
I did tell you this blog is partly a challenge blog, right? This is a year long challenge that will have up to 53 winners:
- One winner each month.
- One Grand Prize Winner at the end of the year (2017).
In order to participate in the challenge and be entered to win a prize, you must:
- Create an ARTiculated Affirmation and post it to the ARTiculated Journaling Google+ Community by 11:00 p.m. ET on Saturday with the hashtag #ARTiculatedAffirmations
- Post your page to Instagram with the hashtag #ARTiculatedAffirmations.
- On the last day of every month, everyone who has posted to both Google+ and Instagram will be entered into a random drawing to win a hand bound, unlined notebook filled with Tomoe River Paper suitable to continue creating ARTiculated Affirmations in and designed to be carried with you.
- GRAND PRIZE SELECTION: In order to be considered for the Grand Prize, you must complete a minimum of 26 weekly ARTiculated Affirmations, which have been properly posted. Each ARTiculated Affirmation must be posted weekly. There is no waiting until the end of the year and posting 26+ pages… You must make a minimum of 26 weekly posts at any time throughout the year.
Stop giving negative self-talk free real estate in your mind! Create and use your ARTiculated Affirmations daily and see the different positive self-talk will make in your life.